Marion Area Humane Society is looking for a Volunteer IT Manager. This position is not a paid position, but is a great opportunity for anyone with an IT background to give their expertise to a non-profit, and add this position to your resume! This position may also lead to a MAHS Board member position as well.
If you are interested in this position- Please send your resume to email@example.com Please no phone calls or inquiries at the shelter.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to Apple Mac desktop computer hardware/software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. Updates/maintains MAHS website, and social media accounts. Also recommends hardware/software upgrades, prepares IT budget, purchases hardware/software (MAHS will reimburse for approved IT expenses). This position also might lead to a seat on the MAHS Board.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and procures the Apple Mac hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Updates, and maintains MAHS website, and all social media accounts (Facebook,Twitter)
- Installs all peripheral components such as printers, scanners phones and disk drives.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and remote support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction
- Travels to MAHS shelter to perform assigned IT duties.
- Performs all other IT duties as assigned by MAHS Board.
Education, Work Experience and Specialized Skills/Knowledge:
- High School graduate with 1-2 year work related experience in information technology.
- General Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS/iOS operating systems.
- Troubleshooting wireless access issues.
- WordPress or Web design experience a pluss
- Part-Time, 5-10hrs a month